The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart—
These, O God, You will not despise.
2 Corinthians 4:7
Cast Down but Unconquered
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.
Characteristics of an Unbroken Man:
- A lot of battles in the flesh.
- Chronic Temptation
- Living in the past - worried about the future
- Consistent confrontation with their own limitations
- Self centered - ego-matic - I must be in control
- Constant dissatisfaction
- No spiritual hunger
- No love for God or for people
- Cannot receive and hear truth very well. They take what they want to hear and forget the rest.
- Cling yet they don't want intimacy. No intimacy without brokenness.
- Passive people are easily offended. When they don't have life go their way than they don't know what to do.
- Very occupied with external conditions and circumstances
When we are not broken we block the revelation of Jesus Christ