This past Sunday we began a series on Joshua. We covered the 7 stages of preparation of Joshua before God could use him. Many have asked me for the notes so here they are.
The great promise to enter the promised land came after years of preparation - preparation of heart and inner discipline
Joshua wasn’t chosen then prepared but rather prepared then chosen. Many fail to enter into the land God has for them because they resist the preparation process.
2. Learned how Moses received from God - the Tablets - Ex 24 - Joshua though he was invited to go up with Moses, could not go all the way up because what Moses was to receive for Israel, came by intimacy and a relationship with God that Moses cost Moses much.
3. Learned how Moses dealt with the fallen hearts & failure of God’s people. - Ex 32.
4. How to dwell in the Presence of the Lord in prayer - Ex 33.11
5. How to deal with jealousy & God using other people - Num 11.26-29
6. How to walk by faith into God’s will despite discouraging circumstances - Num 13.16, (Num 13 is where Joshua’s name is changed from “helper” to Yehoshua - “Jehovah is Help”) Num 14.
7. Joshua is promoted with little fanfare & paired with Eleazar the priest - Num 27.12-23, 34.17