sermon.net/ggcphila - Enjoy!]
Not knowing anyone after the flesh:
Not knowing anyone after the flesh:
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. - 1 Cor 2.2
- Familiarity is a result of the loss of the fear of the Lord and no Cross
- All error begins with familiarity with God’s Word
- Relationships become soulish when the Cross is removed and familiarity enters.
“Profane” also speaks of forms of familiarity, or taking for granted something that is sacred.
Not knowing Christ after the flesh:
Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh:yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more - 2 Cor 5.16
Neither shall he go out of the sanctuary, nor profane -- the sanctuary of his God; for the crown of the anointing oil of his God is upon him: I am the Lord.
And they shall teach -- my people the difference between the holy and -- profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.
And in controversy they shall stand in judgment; and they shall judge it according to my judgments
Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the Lord.
The Process of Familiarity:
- Lack of brokenness
- Breakdown of reverence
- Influenced, blinded
"The key that Satan uses to gain entrance to his capacity is familiarity. Satan can only deceive minds that have be- come familiar with what God sees as rare, holy, and set apart for His use alone. Familiarity enters in where holiness has been stolen and eternal purpose has been destroyed, because the Cross (which represents the devil’s defeat once and for all) has been nullified in our experience.” - CHS
When a person becomes familiar the begin to traffic demonic activity unaware: Mat 16.22-24 Peter was sentimental and too familiar with Jesus - he unknowingly became a mouth piece for the Devil thus Jesus’ response “Get thee behind me Satan"
Demons of Familiarity:
Familiar spirit: A demon or evil spirit who creates the atmosphere of being one's friend while being one's enemy, and who ushers in an atmosphere of lack of respect for authority, formality, and ceremony especially when instituted by God or His delegated authority (Leviticus 19:31, 20:6,27, Deuteronomy 18:11, I Samuel 28:3,7,8,9, II Kings 21:6, 23:24, I Chronicles 10:13, II Chronicles 33:6, Isaiah 8:19, 19:3,29:4).
- Family demon (family demon presented by the family idols): THERAPSIN: II Kings 23:24
- Against homes and marriages Gen 31:19, 34-35; 35:2; I Sam 19:11-17; I John 5:21
- Special forces that cooperate with different armies to destroy homes and marriages, by breaking up marriages or making them unhappy.
- Misrepresents God’s will to the homes and families
- Domesticate and divide families by wounding people in the families that lack love of the doctrine and don’t have anointing manifested by brokenness.
- Demon of Familiarity: GNOSTAS: II Kings 21:6 - trafficking familiar spirits - medium
- Cause people be familiar with the provisions of God
- Lull people away from thirsting and hungering for the provisions that come through grace and righteousness - spiritual laxity leading to utter destruction of the spiritual life of a person.
- Inspire people’s psyche with pride
- Cause familiarity that pulls the plug on fullness of the Body.
Demons of familiarity four-fold strategy in a believer’s life:
- by keeping them relating to the past
- by tempting them to use knowledge without going through the Cross
- by leading them to uncover secrets and sins and cause suspicion ignoring the Blood of Christ.
- by instigating disagreements to wound people
- Humbling ourselves - James 4.7-8
- Hearing, fearing God - Eccl 5.1,2
- Rebound and Repentance - 1 John 1.9
- Breaking up fallow ground - Hos 10.12
- Mind Renewal - Eph 4.23 - Rom 12.1,2
- Stepping out in faith in the mission - Rom 1.17
- Prayer - Develops discernment