Here are the notes from tonight's New Year's Eve Service...
"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.” - Isaiah 43.18-19
- Old Memories - Rom 7.5
- Familiar Feelings - 2 Cor 10.5
- Set Habits - Ps 1.2
- Personal Historical experience - Eccl 1:3-9
New beginnings start at the Cross: Gal 2.20, 6:18, 2 Cor 5.17
- Picture by faith walking in a new beginning - Heb 11:8
- Make it a habit to not think on the old - it was crucified all the failures and the successes. “Remember not the former…"
- Get occupied with what God is doing now - thru His Word, His Church, in your personal life. “Behold I will do a new thing"
- Face fear with God’s love and Grace. Meditate on the promises. Josh 1.8-9
- Talk only of God’s ability - guard your confession - Rom 10.8-10
- Stir up your faith by God’s testimony in your life - Is 46.9
- Rebound when you fail. - 1 John 1.7