Sunday we preached on Having a Faith Dream. Here is the audio message: http://buff.ly/1aQOVbw. Here are some of the notes: Faith Dreams
Genesis 37:5 Now Joseph had a dream and he told it to his brothers, and they hated him still more.
Psalms 126:1-2 When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.
In a society that thrives on the thrill of extreme adventure and the "reality rush", people suffer from the passivity and boredom of a life lived in selfishness and egocentric entertainment. They live in an environment that is probable, predictable and controllable yet riddled with discontentment and lack of satisfaction. The despair deepens as they try more and more to fill the gaping hole in their soul that can only be filled with the love and purpose that comes from the deep call of God that calls to the depths of a man's spirit.
We, like Noah, Abraham, Joseph, & Nehemiah have been created for a purposed calling from a God that wants to speak to lonely empty people. People are limited to themselves and their feeble imaginations. God wants to give people a dream, a faith dream.
A faith dream is a Rhema that God imparts through His Word to the spirit of a person as He did with Mary in Luke 1. This faith dream comes from a revelation of the character and nature of God through Jesus Christ. This vision builds a fearless capacity to step out onto the water to walk out on the impossibility to meet Jesus Himself on the waters. When Peter standing in the boat saw Jesus walking on the water he saw himself on the water with Jesus.
Heart dreams motivate our thinking in a godly way, causing us to establish goals at a very young age. When these goals are established, they are regulated by discipline. As a result, we are sustained as individuals - These dreams really do protect the soul.
Did you know that a person who has dreams lives better because he has goals? A person who has healthy dreams checks his performance against his goals. The consequences of a person’s goals will maintain his performance. Consider some dreams for yourself under the guidance of the Spirit of God. Ask the Lord for a dream goal
Show me a person who is filled with emptiness and passivity, without purpose in life, and I’ll show you someone who doesn’t have a dream
A person without a dream is passive, frivolous, empty-headed, and easily influenced by people who have no purpose in this life.
Is 29:8 - A hungry man dreams
For those of you who can’t dream, there are people who are dreaming for you.
if a dream is motivated by self-interest and we have already committed ourselves to our choices instead of allowing God to choose for us, then we will find roadblocks.
There are 8 characteristics of a faith dream.
1. It is something that God puts in the spirit of the surrendered heart at
His Cross by His "energeo" - Phil 2.13 - "enthusiasm" grk. "God inside"
2. A vision that does not originate with us nor centers around us. It may be something that we have run from such as Moses - Ex 3.2
3. A vision that is much bigger than us than our emotions and mind. It is something that is bigger than our resources and not for our fleshly gain. Nehemiah
4. It is a dream that is so impossible to the natural man that only God's love working in us can make a way to break through the discouragement and reasons not to go on.
5. It is a purpose that many may not understand and that we could easily doubt if it were not for God's confirming in our hearts. It is a vision that may make us at times feel alone. Lam 3.28
6. It is a vision that is accompanied with the presence, liberty and the fruit of the Spirit.
7. It is very possible that you may not see the faith vision come to pass in your lifetime. Heb 11.
8. The result of obedience by faith is the deliverance, salvations of many and eternal fruit that never passes away.
Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we able to ask or think according to the power that worketh in us